A Yo-kai whose only cause is rebellion, he inspirits good kids into bad delinquency.
Matching his delinquent-like appearance, Roughraff behaves in a very similar manner; he has little respect for others and tries to solve problems in a rough manner. In the anime, he attempted to mug Komasan, referring to him as a "hillbilly". When summoned by Nate for the first time, he answered in a noticeably rude way of talking. In spite of his negative qualities, he is able to develop respect for certain people, such as Manjimutt after their fist brawl; Peckpocket, after a pick-pocketing contest, striking an odd friendship; and Bruff. Despite this, Roughraff's methods of rebellious behavior tend to be on the tame and petty side, with these attributes transferring into those he possesses. Roughraff has an odd phobia of hot waters, as seen when summoned by Nathan to confront Sproink, which can be attributed to his lizard-like nature working against him. In the English version of the anime, he has the accent of a greaser/biker.
Japanese Name : Gurerurin
English Name : Roughraff
Represent: xxx Yo-kai
Medallium Number : 070
Class : Tough (Goketsu)
Rank : E
Element / Attribute : Earth
Favorite Food : Ramen
Role : Attacker
Time : Present Youkai
Skill : Revenge
Special Effect : Rebel Soul
Fusion: Jibanyan + Roughraff = Baddinyan
Evolution : Roughraff >> Badude
Yo-kai Medallium Bio: A Yo-kai whose only cause is rebellion, he inspirits good kids into bad delinquency.
Roughraff is a green-skinned, lizard-like Yo-Kai with a short tail, large orange claws on his feet, a fairly muscular build, a pointed, curved mouth, a long red tongue, and orange markings surrounding his eyes and inner-ears. His most notable trait is his large orange pompadour, giving him the appearance of a Japanese high school delinquent. He wears blue pants and white gauze around his waist
- "Roughraff" is a portmanteau of the words rough and riffraff, a hooligan or a person who causes public disturbance.
- Roughraff shares some similarities with the Pokemon "Croagunk," as both appear to be based on the same caricature of a troublemaker. Both have white bands or bandages around their waists, and the lower half of their bodies is purple (purple pants in Roughraff's case). Both stand in a crouching position.
- Roughraff combines the stereotypical traits of Japanese delinquent youths (flashy pompadour hairstyle, bare chest with a sarashi worn around the waist, squatting position of someone hanging out in back alleys), with the youkai called imori (written with the kanji for "gecko" but pronounced differently), geckos possessed by the souls of dead warriors that haunt castle ruins and will gang up on anyone coming through their territory.
Youkai come as:
- yo-kai watch roughraff pompadour (3)
- yokai watch roughraff (2)